Rachel Reeves

Member of Parliament for Leeds West


If you are considering contacting Rachel because of a problem or issue you are experiencing you may find it helpful to look through our help and advice links first to see if you can find the information you are looking for.



If you are experiencing a housing issue and live in a social housing property (eg: Housing Leeds, Leeds Federated Housing) contact your housing office initially to try and resolve the problem and report any issues.

Shelter provide a great deal of help and advice regarding housing and homelessness issues, including Housing Benefit, private renting, financial help and evictions. You can find advice and contact details on their website.

If you are facing the threat of homelessness contact or visit the Leeds Housing Options service as soon as possible. Their contact details are:

Leeds Housing Options
1st Floor, 2 Great George Street,
Opening times
08.30 to 16.00 Monday to Thursday, and 09.30 to 16.00 on Friday

Phone:  0113 222 4412


Bidding for a new home

If you are bidding for a new home and are concerned that you have been waiting a long time for a new property there are many things you can do to increase your chances. We would always recommend that people ensure they are bidding on the correct type of properties, as bids on properties you are not eligible for will not be counted. Try to bid on as many suitable properties as possible during each bidding cycle and extend your area of choice where possible. Often, people concentrate their bids in specific high demand areas where properties do not become available as often, which means they will have to wait much longer to find a new property.

Speak to your local housing office if you are concerned about your bids or would like to explore further options.



If you are unsure what benefits you may be entitled to you can use the online Benefit Adviser to determine your eligibility.

If you are having problems with a benefit claim there are many organisations who offer free, expert advice:

Burley Lodge Centre

Citizens Advice Bureau Leeds

Leeds City Council Welfare Rights Unit


If you are currently using your local Job Centre you can also speak to an adviser there for help and assistance.


Further information can also be found on these websites:

Leeds Benefit Service – Leeds City Council




If you are experiencing financial difficulties there are many places you can go for help. We would urge people not to resort to using pay day loans or lending services as they often charge extremely high rates of interest, which make financial problems worse.

For reputable financial help and advice contact:


Ma – The Money Advice Service

Burley Lodge Centre

Citizens Advice Bureau Leeds

Leeds City Credit Union


Anti-Social Behaviour

If you are experiencing a problem with anti-social behaviour or noise nuisance you should contact the Leeds Anti Social Behaviour Team (LASBT) or your local housing office if you are a social housing tenant.

You can contact LASBT via:

Phone:  0113 222 4402

Email: LASBT@leeds.gov.uk

It is important to keep reporting incidences of anti-social behaviour so a record can be kept of this for any action to be taken against the perpetrators.

For community anti-social behaviour you may wish to contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. Details regarding your local teams can be found on the West Yorkshire Police website.  

If you witness or are a victim of crime you can also contact the Police confidentially by calling 101 free of charge. Please call 999 in emergencies.



If you experience a missed bin collection you can report this online by clicking here. If you have any further questions or problems regarding refuse or bin collections you can find out information on the Leeds City Council website or you can contact your Local Councillors.



For advice pertaining to UK Border Agency issues it is useful to visit the UKBA website, which contains a wealth of information and guidance.

If you require specialist or legal advice you can contact the:

Immigration Advice Service


Please note: whilst Rachel’s office will try to assist with any UKBA issue you have and will contact the UKBA on your behalf we are not able to offer advice regarding these matters or assist you with an application. Such advice can only be provided by qualified professionals.



The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.